Machine Operator (1st & 2nd Shift)
- Produce high performing and top-quality wire & cable products to required specifications in a safe and efficient manner. Set up and run wire manufacturing machines while performing quality control inspections.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate equipment at a high rate of production while ensuring that quality standards are maintained.
- Set up machine.
- Complete in-process quality control procedures.
- Log production data into database.
- Improve something every day
- Ability to perform basic math function (add, subtract, multiply and divide) on various units of measures.
- Ability to apply basic math functions to whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to make appropriate decision in regards to machine set up and product quality.
- Minimal knowledge and skill of mechanical operations.
- Ability to frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift more weight.
- Ability to see small defects and differentiate colors during in-process quality control procedures.
Those that excelled at this position in the past have had the following qualities, characteristics or traits:
- Highly motivated with a desire to excel at their work
- Patient and not easily frustrated
- Ability to work in teams and willing to help others as needed.
- The ability to plan in advance and multitask
- The ability to focus on a single task for long periods of time
- Exceptional work ethic and dedication to their company
- From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Mandatory)
- On location (Bristol, CT)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.